ACCREDITED Electrical Services in BALLINA


RWES Staff — Electric services in Ballina, NSW

Level 1 Accredited Service Provider

We have been an Accredited Service Provider in Ballina since 2017 and have worked on a variety of projects, from the small, such as minor underground extensions, to the large, like the installation of street lighting for local councils. RWES provides the best electrical services from Tweed to Tea Gardens and west to the ranges.

Quote And Construct Required Infrastructure

We offer complete assistance, from the preliminary stage up to completion, on all projects. Our Project Managers ensure quality services with transparent quotes right from the beginning. We can help you with:

  • Safety observer for plant or machinery working near power lines
  • Cable jointing HV and LV
  • Power line workers

Rob Ward Electrical Services provides complete electrical solutions for you. We can install, repair or perform maintenance services for privately owned overhead and underground HV and LV assets such as HV equipment for commercial facilities or overhead line on rural properties.

The Process: Step by Step

If you need your new installation connected to the network, you are advised by Essential Energy to get an Authorised Service Provider (ASP) to do so. For this process you’ll need a Level 3 ASP to provide you with a certified design with all infrastructure details. Then a Level 1 ASP can proceed to construct and connect it to the network.

Step 1: NMI Number

The first step is to obtain a National Metre Identification (NMI) number. You can acquire this number from a retailer or through Energy Connections NSW.

Step 2: Application for Connection

You need to have your NMI number for this step. Ask your Electrical Contractor to submit the Application for Connection to Essential Energy or you can submit it yourself.

Step 3: Design Information Application

This form needs to be submitted to Essential Energy, it provides an overview of the project:

  • Project location
  • Applicant/Developer
  • Type and amount of load to be connected

We work to make every process easy for you so we can lodge the DIA on your behalf, once you provide us with all the specifics. It’s important to consider that once the Design Information pack (DIP) is issued it’s valid for 120 days, this means a Level 3 designer needs to submit the design within this period of time.

Step 4: Choosing a Level 3 Designer

Once we have the DIP we can start looking for a Level 3 ASP to provide the certified plan. We can help find the right one for you by asking for price quotes from different providers until one is appointed to start working on your project.

It’s important you consider that prices are subject to change depending on the size of the project. Therefore we will only be able to provide you with a quote of the expected charges once we know the size of your project.

Step 5: Construction and Connection

After the Certified Plan is ready we can send you a formal quotation to supply the materials and start the construction and connection of your project. Once the quote is approved we can start immediately by lodging the necessary forms with Essential Energy, appointing that we, Rob Ward Electrical Services are the Level 1 ASP and materials provider.

If you have any questions or doubts about this process, don’t hesitate to contact us, we’ll be more than happy to address your inquiries.